- Ethics of AI
- Machine Consciousness
- Ethics of Big Data
- Action Theory
- Moral Agency/Patiency
Doctoral Candidate at the DFG Research Training Group 2073 Integrating Ethics and Epistemology of Scientific Research, Bielefeld University
2018 – 2019
Master of Arts (Philosophy), Stellenbosch University, South Africa
2017 – 2019
Teaching Assistant (philosophy of mind, philosophy of science, epistemology, engineering ethics), Department of Philosophy, Stellenbosch University, South Africa
Bachelor of Arts Honours. Philosophy, Stellenbosch University, South Africa
2013 – 2016
Bachelor of Arts. Politics, Philosophy and Economics (PPE), Stellenbosch University, South Africa
Tollon, Fabio. 2020. The Artificial View: toward a non-anthropocentric account of moral patiency. Ethics and Information Technology.
Tollon, Fabio. 2019. Moral Agents or Mindless Machines? A critical appraisal of agency in artificial systems. Hungarian Philosophical Review 63(4), pp. 9-23.
Tollon, Fabio. 2020. Transhumanism as a New Social Movement: The Techno-Centred Imagination, Metapsychology Online Reviews, Vol. 24 (39)
Do Others Mind? Moral Agents Without Mental States. Philosophy of Human-Technology Relations. University of Twente, The Netherlands, 4-7 November 2020.
Toward a Coherent Account of Moral Agency. Proceedings of the South African Forum for Artificial Intelligence Research. Vol 2540. Cape Town, South Africa, 3-6 December 2019.
Functional Moral Agency. 4IR: Philosophical, Ethical and Legal Perspectives. University of the Witwatersrand, South Africa, 3-5 September 2019.
Teaching Assistant Roles:
- 2019: Critical Social Theory and Ideology Critique / Philosophy 344 (Stellenbosch University, South Africa)
- 2018+2019: Philosophy of Science and Epistemology / Philosophy 214 (Stellenbosch University)
- 2018:2019: History of Analytic Philosophy and Philosophy of Mind / Philosophy 354 (Stellenbosch University)
- 2018: Engineering and Ethics 314 and 414 (Stellenbosch University)
- 2018: Science, Ethics and Aesthetics in a Philosophical Perspective (for international students), Summer School Philosophy Elective (Stellenbosch University)
Guest lecturer at the Creative Academy, Cape Town
Supervision of third-year students’ research projects in Ethics of Artificial Intelligence